Sunday 19 October 2008

Terminus - First Draft

I've completed the first draft of a short story entitled Terminus. Based on my experiences as a train conductor, I would describe it as a psychological horror story. There are possible supernatural overtones, although that is for the reader to decide.

I originally set out to write a story in roughly 4,000 words. The word count was completely arbitrary. It just seemed like a good figure to aim for. In the event the first draft has run to almost 6,000 words, although I'm already thinking of revisions which should cut it to about 5,000 words. I must resist the urge to start tinkering with it for at least a couple of weeks!

I am thinking in terms of a competition entry for this one, rather than submitting it to a magazine. To honest I'm struggling to come up with a suitable market.

No comments:

Post a Comment