Monday 20 October 2008

17 percent

My new project is a retelling of a classic ghost tale. I remember my drama teacher telling the story to the class when I was ten years old. The story has always stuck in my mind, because the ending was so unexpected.

I've decided to update the idea a bit and give it a slightly more adult slant, but I hope that I'll remain true to the spirit of the thing. No pun intended!

17 percent is the working title, and is a reference to the number of Americans who believe they have seen a ghost.

Once again it's a short story. I want to keep it simple and to the point, and hopefully maintain the element of surprise. I'm aiming to tell the story in 1,500-2,000 words. Anything longer would probably stretch the material to breaking point!

No comments:

Post a Comment